Task 4
Audience feedback and evaluation (preliminary task)
What went well?
I presented my magazine in front of my class and as expected
received pretty mixed reviews. Firstly I shall talk about what people liked
about my student magazine. Quite a few people appreciated the simplicity of it.
They said they liked how I didn't try to go over the top and try to cram so
much in, unlike others, and rather I kept it neat and professional. Another
thing which went down well in general was the title of my magazine which was
'The Weekly Student'. I believe that this sounds very much like a student
magazine and according to the group feedback, my target market agree.
What do I need to improve on?
As I said my magazine received mixed reviews during
the group feedback session which means there are also a few aspects which I can
improve on. Firstly, the colour scheme didn't work as well as I initially
thought, furthermore it isn't consistent throughout the magazine. Also the
image on the front cover which I had to manipulate last minute didn't go down
very well. Initially the picture was two students talking to each other and smiling
on a bench in the college and it looked very much like a image you'd find in a
student magazine. However, the picture had to be a mid shot and therefore I had
to zoom in and crop out a lot of the original image which I agree didn't look
very good.
Three key points for development when producing the
main task (music magazine)
With a combination of my own opinions and the feedback
received I shall state three points which I would like to better when making my
music magazine. They are as follows;
·
A more eye catching colour
scheme
·
Better journalism
·
More professional photographs
No comments:
Post a Comment